This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from one of the links below, I'll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
One of the toughest things about cooking with whole foods and using real ingredients is that it can become incredibly time consuming in the kitchen! I love this recipe for the fact that it really does cook up quickly! I just put the spaghetti squash into the oven to roast, and while waiting for it, I chop up all the herbs and cook everything. It’s ready before I know it!
This Vietnamese Pork Over Spaghetti Squash recipe is so delicious! I love all of the fresh herbs and the addition of the apple. Apple and pork in the same dish always makes me so happy. They were meant for each other! It is a mild tasting dish, so if you would like to spice it up, I did try adding a bit of hot sauce at the end of my final trial, and found that it was great either way!
Related: 3 ways to cook spaghetti squash. I will tell you which one I think is the EASY way!
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked, and shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp fish sauce (I recommend <a href=”http://amzn.to/1UPiqOP” rel=”nofollow” target=”_blank”>Red Boat</a> brand, especially for those on Paleo and Whole30)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 medium apple
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1 tsp minced fresh mint
- Begin by cooking your spaghetti squash. <a href=”https://www.barivangelist.com/three-ways-to-cook-spaghetti-squash-including-the-easy-no-sweat-method/”>Here are three detailed ways I recommend cooking your spaghetti squash!</a>
- Heat olive oil a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook until softened.
- Add ground pork, salt, and pepper, and cook until pork is no longer pink.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, or about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in fish sauce and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat.
- Add apple, scallions, cilantro, basil, and mint. Toss to combine.
- On a plate, serve squash, then top with pork mixture.