Quick and easy keto chocolate mug cake for those nights when you just HAVE to have a chocolate fix. We like to use unsweetened heavy whipping cream on top just to give it a little bit more pizzazz, but if you have some sugar-free coffee flavorings (that you may have been using in your protein shakes), adding a little to either the cake or the whipping cream (or both!) will really bump up the flavor!
- 1 Tbsp butter (add a dash of salt if your butter is unsalted)
- 1 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Pyure or your favorite sugar-free sweetener
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Sugar-free chocolate chips
- Optional: Sugar-free heavy whipping cream
- Melt butter in a mug of choice by microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips) and stir together.
- Place back in microwave for 50 seconds.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Optional: Top with sugar-free heavy whipping cream, best if made by mixing heavy whipping cream with a stick/immersion blender. You can also add a sugar-free sweetener if you like. (Not included in the nutritional values in this recipe.)
- Serving Size: 1 mug cake
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 5g net carbs
- Protein: 9g