This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from one of the links below, I'll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
You know those times when you want to put a little life into living…. but you don’t want to totally negate all of your progress?
Well, this keto chocolate mug cake is just the thing to get you through those times.
Take it from Scott, who LOVES this version the best.
Mug cakes are pretty awesome because you just throw a few basic ingredients into a mug, stir, zap it in the microwave, and in just under a minute, you have the perfect sized slice of cake.
But…. well, they’re still kinda high in calories and carbs, so let’s just say this is a “sometimes treat”, as I say to my kids. Not an every night thing.
But when the occasion calls for it… dig in and enjoy every bite!!Print
Quick and easy keto chocolate mug cake for those nights when you just HAVE to have a chocolate fix. We like to use unsweetened heavy whipping cream on top just to give it a little bit more pizzazz, but if you have some sugar-free coffee flavorings (that you may have been using in your protein shakes), adding a little to either the cake or the whipping cream (or both!) will really bump up the flavor!
- 1 Tbsp butter (add a dash of salt if your butter is unsalted)
- 1 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Pyure or your favorite sugar-free sweetener
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Sugar-free chocolate chips
- Optional: Sugar-free heavy whipping cream
- Melt butter in a mug of choice by microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips) and stir together.
- Place back in microwave for 50 seconds.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Optional: Top with sugar-free heavy whipping cream, best if made by mixing heavy whipping cream with a stick/immersion blender. You can also add a sugar-free sweetener if you like. (Not included in the nutritional values in this recipe.)
- Serving Size: 1 mug cake
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 5g net carbs
- Protein: 9g