This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from one of the links below, I'll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Need your lunches throughout the week to be GRAB AND GO? Then you’re going to want to learn how to make salad in a jar!
Why in a jar??
Well, if kept in an air-tight jar, you will have fresh salad, on the go, all week long. It stays super fresh!
I love that you can just turn it over right before eating, and let the dressing just drip down over all the ingredients. It practically tosses itself! (haha)
What you need:
4-6 mason jars per person (affiliate link), depending on how many you are making for the week. The pint sized is plenty big enough, trust me!
Salad fixins of your choosing! You can have whatever you like in there, but for best results, layer it like so:
- First pour salad dressing of your choice into the bottom of the jar. About 2 Tbsp should do it.
- Next add your heartier toppings, I like the veggies here because they marinate in the dressing! Tomatoes, green bell peppers, celery, cucumber, you get the picture!
- Add cheese and meat, if desired.
- Lastly add a small handful of salad greens.
Place lid back on jar, nice and tight. It will stay in your fridge nice and fresh all week!
When you’re ready to eat, just turn it upside down, let the dressing drip to the lid. You can also mix it together by shaking it.
You don’t even need a plate, you can eat it straight from the jar!
Here is my favorite Balsamic Vinegar Dressing. Highly recommend!
Balsamic Vinaigrette for Salad in a Jar
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all ingredients together, store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.