This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from one of the links below, I'll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Oh oh oh, it’s magic! No, seriously, the seasoning in this keto no-bean chili is like fireworks in your mouth, it is that delicious!!
Except literal fireworks would burn your mouth, and this will not, unless you’re INTO that sort of thing! (Meaning that you can adjust the heat, obviously.)
No, I mean that the flavors have such amazing DEPTH!! This is not your boring ol’ average chili recipe!
And it’s even better the next day!
So make a big batch for your weekly meal plan and serve it up a few times during the week. You’ll be glad you did!
No-Bean Chili (Keto)
- 4 slices of bacon sugar-free if possible
- 1 lbs. ground beef or ground meat of your choosing
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 10- oz. cans Ro-Tel diced tomatoes or other diced tomatoes with chilis and spices added, Original flavor is pretty spicy, so go with mild if you are sensitive to heat.
- 28- oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder don't skip this! It's key!
- Add toppings of your choice: shredded cheddar cheese sour cream, scallions, ground up pork rinds, etc.
- In a large soup pot, add bacon and cook over medium heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon and place on a plate with paper towels to drain fat.
- Add ground meat to the pot, stir with a wooden spoon, breaking it up into smaller chunks, until cooked through.
- Drain fat from meat.
- Place ground beef back into the pot, and add bacon, crumbling it up as you add it in.
- Add green bell pepper and garlic, and stir for about 5 minutes until bell peppers have softened.
- Add both types tomatoes and water.
- Add remaining spices and stir to combine.
- Cover pot with lid and allow it to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge.