This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from one of the links below, I'll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
I have been thinking a lot more about weekly meal prep and how I can make it easier for you to prepare for the week ahead. One thing I think is so great to make for the week is a good casserole! So, at my husband’s request, I bring to you today, Keto Meatballs Casserole!
This casserole is so easy to make!
You just make some quick meatballs, bake them, then once they’re cooked through, throw them into a casserole/baking dish with marinara sauce and lots of cheese, and bake!
It’s soooo simple! And you’ll have a great protein dish to spread out for more than one meal.
I purposefully made sure you could divide these meatballs into 32, so that if you have a really tight pouch/sleeve, 2 meatballs might be all you need!
If you are further out, 4 meatballs may be what you need.
I wanted it to be easy for you to divide this into individual portions according to your needs!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 jar marinara sauce make sure it is sugar-free
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning to your liking
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Add all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl. With clean hands thoroughly mix the meat until everything is well combined.
- Use a Tablespoon or a cookie dough scoop to create your meatball. If you use a Tablespoon, make it a heaping Tablespoon, and you want to aim for 32 meatballs.
- Roll each meatball between the palms of your hands to make them uniformly round. Place them on a cookie sheet as you go with a little space between each one.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
To Assemble Casserole:
- Change temperature of oven to 350 F degrees.
- Evenly spread one cup of marinara sauce over the bottom of a 9 X 13" casserole dish.
- Place meatballs on top of the sauce, one by one, until they cover the bottom of the dish. You may have to wipe off any drippings that have congealed onto the bottom of the meatballs before adding them.
- Evenly sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the meatballs.
- Evenly sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the mozzarella cheese.
- Season with Italian seasoning, to taste.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes.