This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from one of the links below, I'll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Keto seems to be all the craze in the bariatric community, and so my husband and I decided to give it a try to see what all the hubbub is about. I have quite a bit to say about it, and I will do so in an upcoming post, but in the meantime, I’ll just say that my husband is dropping weight like crazy on keto! You would never believe it, but I’m positive the key to his success are these keto mini pizzas!
I know, I know. New post-bariatric patients are told to avoid both carbs AND high fat food. This is true because you may experience a sour stomach and/or dumping on something that has this much fat. I know I did in the beginning. However, on the keto plan, fat should make up the most of your calorie intake, as it is satiating and helps you not feel hungry throughout the day. So perhaps I would recommend trying this further out past your surgery, not as a new post-op.
The nice thing about these keto mini pizzas is that they are SO EASY to make. You can add any ingredient you like! I mix it up all the time for my husband, but I will say that he likes best the combo of pepperoni, these bacon crumbles, and black olives.
He would tell you this is the thing that makes low-carb eating a breeze for him! It is reflected on the scale for him, too. 8 pounds in ten days kind of says it all, yeah?
Keto Mini Pizzas
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garlic powder to taste
- 18 slices pepperoni
- Bacon crumbles olives, or other ingredients optional. Adding these will change the nutritional content.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Like a large baking sheet with parchment paper. (See notes.)
- Divide cheese into 1/4 cups, and arrange on the baking sheet in 6 circles. Pile them high, if possible, as they will spread out while baking. Sprinkle with garlic powder to your liking. Place three slices of pepperoni on top of each pile of cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.