This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from one of the links below, I'll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
I absolutely adore this delicious Hearty Breakfast Casserole (low-carb and keto) because I can make it on the weekend, and have a slice for breakfast for the rest of the week!
I originally put kielbasa and bacon in this recipe because those are my husband’s favorites. But when he’s out of town, I skip the kielbasa and add leftover lunch meat (turkey, ham, etc.), because my oldest son prefers it that way.
When it comes out of the oven, it will still look a little wet. That liquid will evaporate as it cools. You don’t want to cook it until all the moisture clears up because if you do, you will burn the eggs on the bottom of the casserole.
Delicious and hearty breakfast casserole, perfect for enjoying all week long! Keto, low-carb
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9X13” baking dish with cooking spray, or wipe with a thin layer of oil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chopped bacon until about half-way cooked.
- Add chopped kielbasa and allow to cook until bacon is crispy and kielbasa is browned. Drain fat (there will be a lot of it!).
- Remove bacon and kielbasa from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk to combine eggs and milk. Add cheese, onions and bell peppers. Stir in bacon and kielbasa until combined
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish, and use a spatula to spread the kielbasa evenly throughout the casserole.
- Bake at 350 F, 35-40 minutes, until eggs are cooked through (it will still look a little moist, but that evaporates as it cools).
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
You aren’t limited to the types of protein you add to this casserole! If you don’t want to use a kielbasa, even chopped up lunch meat makes for a great replacement!
- Serving Size: 1/12 casserole
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 29
- Carbohydrates: 2 (1 net carb)
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 22