This is comfort food taken to the MAX. It is so full of goodness, start out with just a 1/2-cup serving to start, and then see if you are still hungry. (The nutrition facts are for a full 1-cup serving.) Due to its high fat and high protein content, you will find it’s incredibly filling, and satiating!
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into smaller florets
- Meat from rotisserie chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup sour cream (full-fat)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (made with olive oil preferred)
- 2 Tbsp Ranch dressing powdered mix (about 1/3 of a packet)
- 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Spray a 9X13″ baking pan with non-stick spray, or wipe with oil of your choice.
- Cook bacon to your liking (we recommend baking on an aluminum-lined cookie sheet at 400 F degrees, 13-15 minutes, rotating the tray around, half-way through). When finished cooking, drain excess fat on paper towels and allow to cool.
- While your bacon is cooking, steam the cauliflower by first bringing a pot with 1/4″ water, and tsp of salt, to a boil. Add chopped cauliflower florets to the water, cover with a lid, and steam 6-8 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender. Drain excess water and set aside.
- If you haven’t already, cut up your rotisserie chicken.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix, ground black pepper.
- Add in 2/3 of the bacon crumbling it into bits as you add it, steamed cauliflower, chopped chicken, 2 cups of your cheese, and 3 Tbsp of the chopped chives. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into your greased baking dish, and use a spoon to spread it out evenly.
- Spread your remaining 2 cups cheese and bacon crumbles over the casserole.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 F degrees for 20 minutes.
- Allow it to set for at least 20 minutes to help it stay solid. If you scoop into it too early, it spreads out like crazy!
- Remove covering and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of casserole
- Calories: 499
- Fat: 40
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Protein: 30