This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from one of the links below, I'll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
One thing I know I’ve missed while being keto is a good baked potato. So thankfully, this recipe for the Fully-Loaded Baked “Faux” Potato Casserole is the perfect alternative, and I’ve even added in there some rotisserie chicken… yep, bonus protein!
There’s just one thing about it that has made it feel a little on the “iffy” side for me: I have seen lots of my keto recipe peers use powdered ranch dressing packets in their creations, and that has always sounded sooooo freaking GOOD to me! But the thing that has always kept me away was the fact that the ingredients state that it does contain a small amount of maltodextrin, which is a starch-derived food. So it’s probably not for the purists…
But hey, if you’re cool with it, well, then you’ll think this is damn delicious!Print
This is comfort food taken to the MAX. It is so full of goodness, start out with just a 1/2-cup serving to start, and then see if you are still hungry. (The nutrition facts are for a full 1-cup serving.) Due to its high fat and high protein content, you will find it’s incredibly filling, and satiating!
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into smaller florets
- Meat from rotisserie chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup sour cream (full-fat)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (made with olive oil preferred)
- 2 Tbsp Ranch dressing powdered mix (about 1/3 of a packet)
- 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Spray a 9X13″ baking pan with non-stick spray, or wipe with oil of your choice.
- Cook bacon to your liking (we recommend baking on an aluminum-lined cookie sheet at 400 F degrees, 13-15 minutes, rotating the tray around, half-way through). When finished cooking, drain excess fat on paper towels and allow to cool.
- While your bacon is cooking, steam the cauliflower by first bringing a pot with 1/4″ water, and tsp of salt, to a boil. Add chopped cauliflower florets to the water, cover with a lid, and steam 6-8 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender. Drain excess water and set aside.
- If you haven’t already, cut up your rotisserie chicken.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix, ground black pepper.
- Add in 2/3 of the bacon crumbling it into bits as you add it, steamed cauliflower, chopped chicken, 2 cups of your cheese, and 3 Tbsp of the chopped chives. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into your greased baking dish, and use a spoon to spread it out evenly.
- Spread your remaining 2 cups cheese and bacon crumbles over the casserole.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 F degrees for 20 minutes.
- Allow it to set for at least 20 minutes to help it stay solid. If you scoop into it too early, it spreads out like crazy!
- Remove covering and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of casserole
- Calories: 499
- Fat: 40
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Protein: 30