This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from one of the links below, I'll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 egg
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Combine all of the ingredients using your hands. (Yes, just as your grandmother did; she was onto something.)
- Each meatball measures about 1/8 of a cup. If you do not have a 1/8 cup, measure with a 1/4 cup, then split in half.
- Roll each meatball in your hands, and place on the baking sheet. You can place them close together, they are not going to expand or spread.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow them to rest for five minutes before serving.
- NOTE: If you cannot find ground pork, ground pork sausage will do in a pinch. Pork sausage is pre-seasoned, but I added all of these ingredients to the sausage and ground beef and it was great! Just another flavor, really!