This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from one of the links below, I'll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
This recipe is originally the one from the Fat Head Documentary, but I’ve added to it my own blend of spices! I recommend baking two batches of the dough, and freeze the second dough for later. There are a million ways to top your pizza, but for the sake of counting nutrition information, this is exactly what I included in the recipe.
Just remember that when using any meats, that they be pre-cooked before making this recipe. Raw meat will not have time to cook all the way through at this temperature in such a short time.
Fat Head Pizza (My Take on this Keto Delight!)
PIZZA SPICE BLEND
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or kosher
FAT HEAD PIZZA DOUGH
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese full-fat
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 35 slices of pepperoni
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Sprinkling of Pizza Spice Blend above
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute.
- Using a spatula, mix together.
- Place back into the microwave for 30 seconds more. (Careful -- Very hot!)
- Stir to combine.
- Stir in almond flour and beaten egg.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over a baking sheet.
- Wet your hands, and spread the dough out thinly. If the dough is too stringy to work with, it may not be warm enough. Simply place back into the microwave for an additional 20 seconds.
- Dock (poke holes in dough) using a fork, to prevent air bubbles.
- Sprinkle just more than half of your pizza spice mix evenly over the pizza.
- Bake at 425 F for 8 minutes. Check for air pockets, and poke them with a fork to pop.
- Place back in the oven for an additional 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread a thin, even layer of tomato sauce over the dough.
- Spread a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Lastly, place your toppings over the cheese, in this case, pepperoni.
- Sprinkle a light sprinkling of Pizza Blend spice, or as much as you would like.
- Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes until your cheese has melted and browned.