This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from one of the links below, I'll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
In honor of Mother’s Day, I made the easiest chocolate dipped strawberries!
When I say they’re the easiest, I really do mean it. Plus, it is way cheaper to make your own versus buying from a specialty store. I also love being able to customize my berries using sugar-free chocolate, and whatever toppings I want to roll them into. Today I chose to roll them in mini chocolate chips, chopped almonds, and just a little Himalayan pink salt.
These particular berries were made for my amazing mother-in-law.
This morning, I went to the farmer’s market on a mission: to find beautiful, dark red, freshly-picked strawberries, perfect for dipping. Only the best for this special lady, right?
I also scored some beautiful farm fresh flowers for her, too! (Seriously, flowers from the farmer’s market is where it’s at!)
I brought the strawberries home and washed them to get them ready to be dipped.
Then, I poured a bag of sugar-free chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl, and put it in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until completely melted.
Lastly, I set out bowls of the toppings I wanted to use.
Oh, and I had a little “helper” throughout this whole process, my baby girl…
I took each strawberry and dipped and rolled them into the melted chocolate, then dipped directly into the topping, and placed on parchment paper to dry. Once they were closer to dry, I put them on a plate and put them in the fridge to chill.
See? SO EASY!
So if you want to create a special treat that is beautiful and delicious, but don’t have a lot of time to bake, this is seriously the answer, my friends.
- 1 10-oz bag sugar free chocolate chips
- 2 pints strawberries
- Toppings of your choice: shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, chopped almonds, mini chocolate chips, coarse salt (I used pink Himalayan salt)
- Place a sheet of parchment paper onto a clean surface.
- Place bowls of your preferred toppings out.
- Rinse strawberries and set aside to dry.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place sugar-free chocolate chips inside. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Holding the strawberries by the stem, dip each one into the chocolate and roll until it is covered to your liking.
- Dip strawberries directly into the toppings of your choice.
- Set on parchment paper and allow to dry. Move to refrigerator and keep chilled until ready to eat.