This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from one of the links below, I'll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Need a zippier version of the boring ol’ egg salad? Well, this Curried Egg Salad is just the thing to liven up an old comfort food classic!
This is not yo’ mama’s egg salad!
Every Sunday, as a part of my weekly meal prep, I always hard-boil 12 eggs.
- It extends the life of any leftover eggs that are about to go bad.
- It’s an amazing source of protein and fat, easy to grab when hunger strikes and other options might be too tempting.
- The extras come in handy at the end of the week for creating quick meals like deviled eggs, adding to salads… and, ahem… egg salad.
So let’s go ahead and add some zip to that egg salad with a little bit of curry!
Curried Egg Salad
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise made with olive oil is best
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped up green olives stuffed with pimentos
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- lettuce for wrapping
First, hard boil the eggs:
- Carefully place 6 eggs into a large pot. Cover with cold water until eggs are submerged with an inch of water above them.
- Turn on high heat. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Once the water is boiling, turn off the stove, cover the pot with a lid, and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, carefully remove eggs with a slotted spoon and submerge them into a bowl of ice water. Allow them at least ten minutes to cool thoroughly.
- Peel and chop eggs.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the remaining ingredients, except for the lettuce leaves.
- Mix until well combined.
- Use the lettuce leaves as wraps to hold your salad, or just eat as is!