This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from one of the links below, I'll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
As I was looking back on my old recipes to see if there is anything I can revive and make relevant for today (this coconut curry shrimp is scrumptious!!), I had this weird memory….
Back in 2011, right around the time my 2nd baby was born, I started a new recipe blog called ShrinkingChef.com. I shared on there Weight Watchers-friendly recipes. It was my last gasp attempt to lose weight on my own, because while I was recovering from my emergency c-section at 32 weeks gestation, my ob/gyn told me if ever I wanted to have another baby, I HAD to have a gastric bypass and get under 200 pounds.
I didn’t want a gastric bypass. I started Shrinking Chef thinking it would hold me accountable… and yet, I never could shake the excess weight. Finally after about a year, I said, “OK, I have to be honest with myself. I have tried and TRIED to lose weight on the ‘points’ system. I can’t do this on my own. I need medical intervention.”
Long story short, it was literally the best decision of my life.
Not only did it solve all of my health problems, I had the most amazing third pregnancy (a first for me), where I carried her to term, went into labor on my own, and got to experience giving birth. I honestly can’t think of a happier time in my life than the moment I met my first daughter.
And had I not had the surgery, I wouldn’t be here today, sharing with you my passion for helping other bariatric patients succeed after my years of research on a ketogenic approach and why it works so much better for us than what diet plans like Weight Watchers offers.
Coconut Curry Shrimp.
This was the original picture I took. Before I learned food photography, of course.
(Not that I’m much better at it today, haha…)
I recommended in that old post, you serve it with rice. 6 Weight Watchers Points.
Please don’t put it with rice.
I’m telling you today, 7 years later, when paired with zucchini noodles, this is BOMB!!! and much better for you.
An oldie for me, but a goodie nonetheless.
Coconut Curry Shrimp (Keto)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup scallions chopped
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/4 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 14 oz. can coconut milk full fat
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- In a large non-stick skillet or wok, coat with olive oil. Heat on medium-high. Add scallions, curry powder, garam masala. Stir until fragrant, about one minute. Add ginger and garlic. Stir a few minutes more until softened.
- Add shrimp and stir until cooked through (or if pre-cooked, stir until heated through).
- Pour into wok coconut milk, salt, and basil. Stir together and bring to a simmer.
- Serve over spiral-cut zucchini noodles, or "zoodles".