Ok, so I’m using the term “honey pretty loosely here, you guys. It’s more of the FLAVOR of honey mustard without the insulin-spiking sucrose sugars… but you’d never know it! Tastes like the real deal!…
“Brussels Sprouts DONE RIGHT” is what my husband wanted me to call this recipe! Seriously, this creamy dish is soooo delicious, you’re going to want these Bacon Alfredo Brussels Sprouts all the time.
They’re lick-your-bowl clean GOOD!
So FULL of robust flavor, yet EASY to make, this one-pan Creamy Tuscan Chicken (keto and low-carb) is sure to be a hit with your family.
One thing I know I’ve missed while being keto is a good baked potato. So thankfully, this recipe for the Fully-Loaded Baked “Faux” Potato Casserole is the perfect alternative, and I’ve even added in there some rotisserie chicken… yep, bonus protein!
Creamy Brussels Sprouts and Chicken Bake (keto)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. fresh Brussels sprouts stems and any wilted outer leaves removed, and each sprout chopped in half; should fill up the bottom of a 10" skillet very well.
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 cooked chicken breasts torn into bite-sized pieces (I recommend using the rotisserie chicken for those who follow my weekly meal prep plans.)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked to a crisp and crumbled
- chopped scallions for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Set an oven-safe skillet over medium heat on the stove.
- Melt butter in skillet, add shallots and garlic and cook until softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts, salt, pepper, and paprika, and saute for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add chicken and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat. If you do not have an oven-safe skillet, this is when you will want to transfer the Brussels sprouts and chicken to a 9 X 13" casserole dish.
- Pour in heavy whipping cream.
- Sprinkle both cheeses over the mixture.
- Place in oven and bake about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with crumbled bacon and if desired, chopped scallions
French Onion Smothered Pork Chops (Keto)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 large pork chops 1" - 1.25" thick
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 large onion sliced once in half, and then chopped into half-moon shaped sizes.
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum for thickening sauce, optional
- 1 1/4 cup beef broth divided
- 4 slices provolone cheese sliced in half
- 1 cup shredded gruyere or swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Preheat olive oil in a 10" cast iron skillet, or oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Remove pork chops from their packaging and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl mix together salt, thyme, garlic powder, and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over each side of the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops into the skillet, searing each side of the pork about 3 minutes each, making sure it is browned all the way around the chop. (They will not yet be fully cooked.)
- Remove pork chops from skillet and place on a plate, cover with foil, and set aside for now.
- Add butter to the pan and raise the temperature to medium high.
- Place into the skillet onions, xanthan gum, and 1/4 cup of beef broth, and sauté until the onions become very soft, about 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of beef broth into the skillet.
- As you allow the beef broth to come to a boil, use a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Once the onion soup mixture comes to a boil, nestle the pork chops back into the skillet, and spoon the soup over the pork chops.
- Evenly distribute the provolone and swiss cheese on top of each pork chop.
- Place into the preheated oven, and bake about 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork chops is 160 degrees.
- Remove heat and just before serving, spoon some of the onions over the pork chops.