This here dish is SUPER easy! I personally like it as a main dish, but if you know you need more protein per meal, definitely add a serving of chicken or shrimp.
The nutrition facts for the servings are counted for each one-half cup, for a smaller-sized appetite (which suited me fine). But my husband was better off with a full one-cup serving.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped (I use kitchen shears, quick and easy!)
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts (weight before being trimmed), bottoms cut off and all loose leaves removed and tossed.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped bacon and cook until very well done.
- Remove bacon and set aside in a bowl, leaving the drippings behind in the skillet. Set aside.
- Make sure all of your Brussels sprouts have had the bottoms chopped off, and all loose leaves removed and thrown out. Chop the sprouts in half length-wise.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, add the sprouts to the bacon fat. Allow them to cook until softened, about 7-9 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic and cook about one minute more until garlic is fragrant and softened.
- Pour in heavy whipping cream and sprinkle on Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine, and then allow to come to a simmer. Once they are gently simmering, remove from heat.
- Taste and add salt and pepper accordingly.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 171
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 7g NET
- Protein: 8g