This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from one of the links below, I'll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
“Brussels Sprouts DONE RIGHT” is what my husband wanted me to call this recipe! Seriously, this creamy dish is soooo delicious, you’re going to want these Bacon Alfredo Brussels Sprouts all the time.
They’re lick-your-bowl clean GOOD!
This is a SUPER EASY dish to whip up! The most labor intensive part of this recipe is taking the stems and outer leaves off the Brussels sprouts before cooking them!
I personally like this as a main course, just a regular serving for me, but if you know you need more protein than the 8 grams per serving, you will want to add a serving of chicken or shrimp and have this as a side.
I have found that while shopping for Brussels sprouts that I definitely prefer the smaller sprouts if possible. Best to catch them while they are still tender lil’ baby sprouts!
Check for any discoloration, especially black fungus spots, but if the sprouts are not perfect, hopefully those spots are only on the outer leaves of the sprouts. You’re going to be removing those anyway. 🙂Print
This here dish is SUPER easy! I personally like it as a main dish, but if you know you need more protein per meal, definitely add a serving of chicken or shrimp.
The nutrition facts for the servings are counted for each one-half cup, for a smaller-sized appetite (which suited me fine). But my husband was better off with a full one-cup serving.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped (I use kitchen shears, quick and easy!)
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts (weight before being trimmed), bottoms cut off and all loose leaves removed and tossed.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped bacon and cook until very well done.
- Remove bacon and set aside in a bowl, leaving the drippings behind in the skillet. Set aside.
- Make sure all of your Brussels sprouts have had the bottoms chopped off, and all loose leaves removed and thrown out. Chop the sprouts in half length-wise.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, add the sprouts to the bacon fat. Allow them to cook until softened, about 7-9 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic and cook about one minute more until garlic is fragrant and softened.
- Pour in heavy whipping cream and sprinkle on Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine, and then allow to come to a simmer. Once they are gently simmering, remove from heat.
- Taste and add salt and pepper accordingly.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 171
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 7g NET
- Protein: 8g