I LOVE a great one-pan meal, especially when it’s both hearty and healthy like this great recipe for Creamy Garlic Thighs. It’s keto, it’s easy to whip up, and I guarantee even your kids are going to gobble this right up! Good luck saving any extras for yourself for leftovers!
Creamy Garlic Chicken Thighs Skillet (keto)
- 6 pieces bacon diced
- 1.5 lbs chicken thighs boneless and skinless*
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- In a large pre-heated skillet (cast iron is my favorite, if you have it), add bacon and cook over medium heat, and stirring until crispy. When finished cooking, remove bits of bacon from the skillet and place on a plate with paper towels. Keep the rendered bacon fat in the skillet, and the heat remaining on medium heat.
- Remove thighs from package, and dab away excess moisture with a paper towel. Season both sides of each thigh evenly with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Carefully place thighs into skillet, allowing them to cook 5-6 minutes on one side before turning to the other side. Cook for another 5-6 minutes or until thighs are cooked through.
- While waiting for the thighs to cook through, prepare your onions, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Once the thighs are cooked through, remove them from the skillet and place on the plate with the bacon.
- To the hot skillet add onions and mushrooms, and cook until soft, about four minutes.
- Add garlic, heavy whipping cream and Parmesan cheese, stir to combine. Reduce heat to low.
- Place chicken thighs back into the skillet and spoon sauce over each one to cover. Add 2 cups of spinach leaves (about 2 good handfuls), and cover the skillet for a few minutes until the spinach has wilted down and can be incorporated into the skillet.
- Sprinkle the top with bacon, and serve.